Happy holidays! This time of year is all about spending time with the most special people in your life – your family! Take the time to really enjoy each other’s company this December with Tech-Free Tuesday activities so you don’t miss any of Life’s Best Moments!
Hit the Ice
Pack up the car and head to Fountain Square for a couple laps around the rink! The U.S. Bank Ice Rink is up and running for the season and is the perfect place to make some holiday memories. Whether you’re a skating pro or fresh to the ice, there’s fun for the whole family to be had. Grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants after to make an entire day of it. Grab your blades and get to skating!
Decorate the House
The holidays are in full swing so it’s time to start decorating! Trek to your favorite tree lot or farm to pick the perfect tree for the home and start hanging the lights. This year, why not try to get as creative as possible by making your own ornaments as a new tradition with the family! When the house twinkles and shines with tinsel and lights, make some hot chocolate and admire your hard work!
Bring Christmas cheer to your neighborhood or local retirement home by organizing a night of caroling! Brush up on your favorite holiday tunes and hit the town singing “Jingle Bell Rock,” “Silent Night” and “The First Noel” with the whole family. Make it a tech-free night for the whole street by inviting your friends and neighbors along for the merriment!
Here’s what others around the Tri-State are doing on their Tech-Free Tuesdays:
- “Spending time with my family over a big family dinner and taking my dog for a nice long walk.”– Carly S.
- “Working on Christmas crafts with my kids.”– Diana C.
- “Taking a walk with my family and sitting by the fire enjoying each other’s company.” – Keith C.
- “Getting together with my daughters and sister to pick cookie recipes to make on Thanksgiving weekend for Christmas.” – Leslie K.
- “We are going to do something our family enjoys doing on some occasions – trivia! We like to test our knowledge in many different subjects, just for the fun of it!” – Ray H.
- “Making homemade soup!”– Amy C.
- “Grooming my horses. I have four, and it takes most of the day.” – Cindy N.
- “Spending time with my two daughters catching up and talking!” – Jean K.
And check out our Pinterest board for more great ideas!