It is officially winter, but all that means is there’s more time to be cozy and spend Life’s Best Moments together! Whether you stay inside with a puzzle, pull out all the stops for an indoor camping “trip” to the living room or warm up with some creamy hot cocoa after an epic family snowball battle, your family will love these Tech-Free Tuesday ideas!
Pull out that 1,000-piecer you’ve been meaning to start, get the family together, and order some pizza so you don’t have to worry about cooking. Chances are you won’t finish it in one night, so leave it out for the next Tech-Free Tuesday! Once you’ve completed the puzzle, you could even glue it together and frame it! If your kids are a little too young for such an endeavor, break out some puzzles that are age appropriate, get on the floor and play!
It might be cold outside, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a fun family campout! Clear out the furniture and turn your living room into a campground with a tent, sleeping bags and even a fire in the fireplace. You can have all the trappings of a regular campout while indoors such as s’mores, hot dogs, hamburgers and more! Pop some popcorn and tell some stories by flashlight or sing your favorite campfire songs. In the morning, before the kids wake up, make some pancakes or waffles for them to enjoy in their tent.
Bundle Up and Head Outside
It’s a bit cold, but it’s still a great time to bundle the family up and do some fun things outside – especially if there’s snow! From building a snowman and making snow angels to drawing a giant tic-tac-toe game in the snow and use sticks and pine cones as game pieces, there’s no limit to the fun you can have playing in the snow. And one of the best parts of going outside in the winter is warming back up with some hot cocoa. Try this recipe, and don’t forget the whipped cream!
Here’s what others around the Tri-State are doing on their Tech-Free Tuesdays:
- “Playing chess with Dad and my little brother.”– Kyle H.
- “I will be stocking up on some good books and getting caught up on my reading list with some hot chocolate.”– Nicole M.
- “Playing on the floor with a 1 1/2-year-old and a 5-year-old. They love to play monster trucks. I do too!” – Angel P.
- “My wife and I have weekly game nights for Tech-Free Tuesday.” – Alex R.
- “Playing basketball with my son after work.”– Felicia B.
- “I’ll be spending time with my son playing with his toys and coloring with him.”– Greg V.
- “Reading to my two daughters.” – Ashley S.
- “My friends and I are going to be hanging out and are going to the park to get in touch with nature without using technology.”– Kira T.
And check out our Pinterest board for more great ideas!